DAVID TAYLOR REMODELING
EXTERIOR PREHUNG DOOR REPLACEMENT
Charge tax on Merchandise YES
Charge tax on Installation Labor NO
Measurement Required YES
Installer Delivery Available YES
Store/Millworks Delivery Avail YES Delivery Retail (varies)
An exterior pre-hung door system includes a door slab cut and prepped with a doorknob bore, mounted with hinges in a jambs frame correctly sized for the wall opening, with brickmold and casing molding. Site measurement/inspection is required to verify Customer measurements reported and to check for additional work and/or materials required. No installation will be done without this inspection.
BASIC INSTALLATION INCLUDES: $195.00 Retail
· Site measurement/inspection; consult with Customer, design options;
· Removal of existing single exterior prehung door system to 36”, including door, jambs, exterior brickmold and interior casing moldings, doorknob, and threshold;
· Installation of new single exterior prehung steel or fiberglass door system to 36”, (cost of door system is not included; fabricated by Supplier, Sunroc Building Supplies Door Shop), provided by Installer, including door, jambs, exterior brickmold and interior casing moldings, doorknob, and threshold, in existing wood rough opening reasonably correct;
· all misc. fasteners, shims, etc. included;
· Installation of foam insulation and exterior caulking (provided by Installer);
· Installation of new standard paint grade brickmold and 2 ¼” interior casing moldings (provided by Installer, casing cost not included due to style variation);
· Installation of new standard entry lockset and deadbolt in prehung prep bores, keyed to existing, provided by Customer or Installer (doorknob/deadbolt cost not included due to style variation);
· Reposition of existing doorbell button, if possible, at previous location (new doorbell button and re-wiring not included);
· Jobsite cleanup;
· Disposal of old door system;
· Note: swinging patio doors are considered here as prehung replacement; sliding patio doors are not considered here.
CUSTOM OR OPTIONAL INSTALLATION INCLUDES: Retail
(all custom wood moldings and hardware to be provided by Installer)
· Door system installation fasten direct to masonry $ 60.00
· Wood finish door surcharge 50.00
· Patio door (1 fixed panel) 240.00
· Doubledoors 345.00
· Sidelites,each 75.00
· Transom estimate only
· Mullion cover/brick, 1 set ea. per sidelite (labor, material included) 30.00
· Bracing to fit rough opening (labor, material included) per sidelite 25.00
· Jamb extensions, from 4 9/16 to 5 1/4” (labor, material included) 30.00
· Oak apron (1x2, ¼ round edge, material, labor included, finish sealed) 40.00
· Mortise locksets install labor only 50.00
· Mortise lockset prep (included in door prehang cost, check with door shop)
· additional lockset bores, each 35.00
· Other hardware: kickplate, peephole, door knocker, labor only each 25.00
· mail slot, labor only 40.00
· Trip Charge outside 20 mile door shop radius (one way, per mile) 2.50
· Rough opening modifications estimate only
· Exterior patching/siding estimate only
· Interior wall touch up/patching (drywall mud & tape) estimate only
· Flooring modifications (carpet, tile, vinyl) estimate only
· Security system changes estimate only
MATERIALS TO BE SOLD TO CUSTOMER
The Customer will need help in selecting materials needed to finish a new door they will be proud of. An attractive new entry lockset and deadbolt should be installed to replace old worn out hardware. All materials will be delivered by the Installer.
· New custom prehung door unit of correct height, width, jamb width,door swing;
· 1 new set each of exterior brickmold (if not included with door unit), interior casing;
· Steel or fiberglass doors and jambs must be sealed and painted (by others) within 5 days of installation to comply with warranty. Wood doors and jambs must be sealed and painted (by others) within 72 hours to comply with warranty. Materials to finish/seal door unit: primer/paint, stain/sealer, paint thinner, brushes, sandpaper, steel wool, masking paper and tape, painters caulk and spackle. The installer will provide painting before installation, as an option;
· Hardware: locksets, deadbolts, hinges, kickplates, mail slots, peepholes, doorbell buttons. The Customer should consider adding or replacing additional existing locksets and deadbolts in other doors which should be keyed alike.
· This installation is only for replacement of existing doors.
· No work will be done on Sundays or legal holidays.
· The Installer will call Customer within two working days after notification to set up a site measurement/inspection appointment.
· New prehung door units will be installed in existing rough openings provided they are reasonably sized, square, and plumb.
· Installer is prohibited from performing any installation which, in the Installer’s professional opinion, would be unsafe or violate local or state building codes.
· Additional charges at the jobsite for hidden or undetected structural defects may be necessary to complete the installation and/or to bring the installation into compliance with local or state building codes.
· NOTE: Doors between house and garage are required by code to be solid core fire-rated exterior doors requiring lockset and deadbolt, self-closing hinges, threshold, and weatherstripping.
· Customer must be present while Installer is in Customer’s home, unless other arrangements are made.
PAINTING, STAIN/SEALING(all labor and materials, on-site touch-up nail holes/caulk included)
· Painting latex primer/paint 3 coats single steel door system $295.00
· Painting latex primer/paint 3 coats double steel door system 425.00
· Painting latex primer/paint 3 coats single steel door, 1 sidelite system 495.00
· Painting latex primer/paint 3 coats single steel door, 2 sidelites system 645.00
· Painting latex primer/paint 3 coats single pre-finished fiberglass door
jambs, moldings only 150.00
· Stain/sealing oil based stain/sealer single wood door system 595.00
· Stain/sealing oil based stain/sealer double wood door system 945.00
· Stain/sealing oil based single wood door, 1 sidelite system 1,075.00
· Stain/sealing oil based single wood door, 2 sidelites system 1,295.00