DAVID TAYLOR REMODELING
INTERIOR PREHUNG DOOR REPLACEMENT
Charge tax on Merchandise YES
Charge tax on Installation Labor NO
Measurement Required YES
Installer Delivery Available YES
Supplier/Millworks Delivery Available YES
A pre-hung door system includes a door slab cut and prepped with a doorknob bore, mounted with hinges in a jambs frame correctly sized for the wall opening, with casing molding. Site measurement/inspection is required to verify Customer measurements reported and to check for additional work and/or materials required. No installation will be done without this inspection.
BASIC INSTALLATION INCLUDES: $135.00 Retail
· Site measurement/inspection;
· Removal of existing single interior prehung door system to 36”, including door, jambs, and interior moldings;
· Installation of new standard single interior prehung door system to 36” in existing rough opening, (cost of door system is not included; fabricated by Supplier, Sunroc Building Supplies Door Shop), provided by Installer;
· all misc. fasteners, shims, etc. included;
· Installation of new standard 2 ¼” interior paint grade casing moldings from Supplier, (cost of casing moldings is not included due to style variations) provided by Installer;
· Installation of new standard passage or privacy doorknob from Supplier or others (cost of doorknob is not included), provided by Customer or Installer in prehung prep bore;
· Installation of new standard hinges by Supplier (cost of custom hinges not included);
· Disposal of old door, jambs, moldings;
· Jobsite cleanup.
NOTE: Multiple Discount Policy. We offer Customer a discount for multiple doors installed during the same order, 4 doors minimum. $20.00 each
CUSTOM OR OPTIONAL INSTALLATION INCLUDES: Retail
· re-hang existing door slab in new jambs (labor, material included) $ 75.00
· Double French doors, flush bolt/ball catches 195.00
· sidelites, each 60.00
· transom estimate only
· mullion covers, 1 set each (labor, material included) 30.00
· bracing (labor, material included) 25.00
· jamb extensions, from 4 9/16 to 5 1/4” (labor, material included) 35.00
· Wall touch up/patching (drywall mud & tape) estimate only
· Flooring modifications (carpet, tile, vinyl) estimate only
· Modifications to rough opening estimate only
· Outside 15 mile radius from door shop (one way, per mile) 2.50
· Installation of custom moldings estimate only
MATERIALS TO BE SOLD TO CUSTOMER; SALES GUIDELINES:
The Customer will need help in selecting materials needed to finish a new door they will be proud of:
· New prehung door unit of correct height, width, jamb width, door swing
· New hinges upgrade
· New passage or privacy doorknob upgrade
· Wood doors, jambs, and moldings must be sealed and painted by others within 72 hours to comply with warranty. Materials to finish/seal door unit: primer/paint, stain/sealer, paint thinner, brushes, sandpaper, steel wool, masking paper and tape, painters caulk and spackle.
· This installation is only for replacement of existing doors.
· No work will be done on Sundays or legal holidays.
· The Installer will call Customer within two working days after notification to set up a site measurement/inspection appointment.
· New prehung door units will be installed in existing rough openings provided they are reasonably square and plumb, where no rough opening modifications are required.
· Installer is prohibited from performing any installation which, in the Installer’s professional opinion, would be unsafe or violate local or state building codes.
· Additional charges at the jobsite for hidden or undetected structural defects may be necessary to complete the installation and/or to bring the installation into compliance with local or state building codes.
· NOTE: Doors between house and garage are required by code to be exterior solid core fire-rated doors requiring lockset and deadbolt, self-closing hinges, threshold, and weatherstripping
· Customer must be present while Installer is in Customer’s home, unless other arrangements are made.